Original Beans Chocolate is one of those companies that makes us say ‘wow’ a lot.
From their 100% sustainable product – end to end; even the packaging is biodegradable – to their commitment to help the communities that farm their beans, Original Beans is an amazing example of what you can achieve if you set your sights high enough and build a great team.
This episode was recorded in person at the Betahaus in Hamburg.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
– The shocking truth of how most chocolate is made (and how real chocolate should be made).
– When is the best time of the day to eat chocolate (it’s not when you think).
– How Original Beans manages to be 100% sustainable and addresses conservation is its suppliers’ communities.
– How Original Beans has scaled to 13 countries so far – and their plans for the future.
– How fair trade is only a minimum standard and why Original Beans opts for direct trade instead, using local farmer cooperatives.
– How they develop their products through on-the-ground partnerships, rather than third parties.
– How the founder of Original Beans ‘rediscovered’ and cultivated a bean in the Peruvian Andes.
– How they make decisions as a company, with an international distributed team.
– How they work to transform local economies into sustainable cacao-growing economies.
– Why it’s so hard to get ‘organic’ certification.
– How they have planted over 1 million trees with their ‘one bar, one tree’, initiative.
– How you can track the eco footprint and conservation efforts in the origin of your specific bar.
– The amazing things Original Beans is doing to empower women and protect Gorillas.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks for Listening!