Liza Mosseiva is a social business veteran and co-founder of GlobeIn, a Silicon Valley company revolutionising the subscription box industry with its mission to deliver joy by empowering and connecting remarkable, remote artisans to mindful customers.
GlobeIn was inspired by Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and the ‘father’ of microfinance. Like Yunus, GlobeIn is a big proponent of the idea that businesses can – and should – exist not just for the purpose of making money but also for the purpose of solving social issues.
GlobeIn works to empower remarkable artisans in remote areas with the tools to build sustainable businesses. It does this by providing them a platform to sell their products at scale, while giving consumers a unique opportunity to access some truly amazing, one-of-a-kind small batch products.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- All about Liza’s journey to the foundation of GlobeIn.
- How the GlobeIn team source their products from small producers and artisans all over the world.
- How GlobeIn assures the quality of its handmade products.
- All about the challenges of dealing with production challenges.
- How the subscription box model can support producers achieve long-term economic gain.
- How GlobeIn keeps its products interesting and relevant, month after month.
- What impact they have already been able to have on their suppliers’ lives.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks for Listening!