Mark Lefko has coached and mentored more than 100 CEOs and company presidents, bringing with him 35 years of real-world C-level business experience.
A thought leader in the fields of leadership and sustainability and Founder and CEO of Lefko Group, Mark serves on several advisory boards and is known for his high-energy, insightful speaking engagements.
“Global Sustainability,” Mark’s second book, aims to inspire executives to rally around the concept of doing well while doing good. In it, he interviews 21 world-leading CEOs including Sir Richard Branson, Marc Benioff (Salesforce.com) and Blake McCoskie (TOMS Shoes) as well as the leaders of global juggernaut companies including Cargill, Dow Chemical, Unilever and Tata.
Mark breaks down the approaches and philosophies of these titans into straightforward lessons that readers can implement into their daily lives.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Mark managed to access such an incredible group of CEOs for his book.
- Why the world’s top CEOs are prioritising investing in the future.
- How CEOs are managing the need to invest in sustainability against the imperative of short-term profit (and why it’s so hard).
- What exciting initiatives leading companies are involved in already.
- The the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals are driving the next phase of global business.
- Why companies may choose not to focus on all of the goals.
- What is next for the world of global sustainability.
- How you can learn from their experience and make your own life more sustainable.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- UN Millennium Development Goals
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Unilever – Sustainable Living
- The Tata Trusts
- Triple Bottom Line
- Honest Tea
- Seth Goldman
Thanks for Listening!