Chris Gove is one of the founders of the Saltwater Brewery – a Florida-based brewery that is turning the world of eco packaging upside down with its invention of the ‘edible six pack rings’.
Tackling the age-old problem of six pack rings that pollute the oceans and strangle innocent sea life (are there other kinds?) the Saltwater Brewing Co joined forces with an engineering firm and an advertising company to develop and launch their incredible product.
Unlike traditional six pack rings, the edible six pack starts to biodegrade as soon as it enters the ocean, turning from useful beer carrying device into harmless organic matter in a few days. And, even better, it’s produced from waste products from beer production.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
– Why and how the Edible Six Pack came about.
– What it is, how it’s made and what happens to it after you’re finished with it.
– Why the ocean is important to Chris and his partners.
– Why so many people are interested in this innovation.
– How environmentalism fits the ‘Saltwater’ ethos.
– And much, much more!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks for Listening!