Rolfe Larson is a passionate expert in social enterprise, who has spent his long career helping not-for-profit businesses find ways to make money and improve the world.
At the same time, Rolfe has spearheaded efforts to educate consumers about making purchasing decisions that have a positive impact on their world – buying from businesses that use their profits to do good.
Most recently, he launched the ‘Social Impact App’, which allows you to search within cities for the right businesses to buy from – those that support local groups or charities to achieve great things with the money you spend.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
– What is meant by a ‘social enterprise’.
– How Rolfe helps social enterprises develop.
– How social enterprises balance the social side against the need to make profits.
– How to have a positive impact the next time you buy something.
– Changes in social entrepreneurship over time.
– Developments in consumer behavior and the move towards purchasing for impact.
– How to align your values with your consumption.
– Why entrepreneurship is within all of us.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks for Listening!