Michael started EthicalJobs.com.au in 2009, after looking for a service like it for his own job hunt. Ethical Jobs is now Australia’s largest portal for community jobs, environmental jobs, not-for-profit jobs and social enterprise jobs that contribute to a more equitable, more just or more sustainable world.
In the six years since launch, ethical jobs has become the go-to place for socially-minded companies and jobseekers alike and raised a huge amount of money for worthy causes through its matched donations program.
This episode contains everything you wanted to know about ethical jobs and some great ideas for infusing your company with an ethical culture throughout.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
– What an ‘Ethical Job’ is
– What industries make the “negative” and “positive” list
– Why a job would be refused and why they do this so regularly
– How Michael turned not getting a job into a massive social enterprise
– How to launch on a shoestring budget
– How to get free media when launching
– How to engage a passionate audience
– Sustainable, ethical in-office initatives you could try in your office
– Innovative marketing that other social enterprises can use
– Why they only spend marketing dollars with not-for-profits
– The power of having a large engaged community
– How to appeal to employees looking for a role in an ethical business
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks for Listening!