Clifford is the founder of ‘Good Business Matters’, a consultancy firm that helps companies develop their businesses in a more socially responsible way, while also getting better at communicating the good things that they do.
He’s an expert in helping companies do good, while helping their bottom line at the same time.
Clifford has had a long and varied career in business across a number of countries, including starting his own creative agency and helping to establish a children’s literacy charity. Clifford is not afraid to tell it like it is and in this interview we certainly get a lot of valuable takeaways.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
– How Clifford helps businesses to do good and turn a healthy profit at the same time.
– What it means to be a socially responsible business.
– How ‘Social Washing is the new ‘Green Washing’.
– How companies are becoming more discerning – and are starting to expect companies to share their beliefs.
– How sustainability can impact a company’s branding.
– The immense power of consumers to help businesses do better and become more ethical.
– What caused Clifford to dedicate himself to making businesses more ethical.
– Why every cause needs more than a champion, if it’s to really succeed.
TIPS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
– Help to Read (South Africa)
Thanks for Listening!